NOVEL (Neuro-Ophthalmology Virtual Education Library) is a discipline-specific, open access repository of digital materials (images, video, lectures, articles and animations), to be used for educational and research purposes by health care professionals, educators, patients, and students.
NOVEL is a collaborative project between the Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah, and the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (NANOS).
NANOS NOVEL Curricula on Stat!Ref
NANOS has two curricula collections now hosted on the Teton Data Systems platform, Stat!Ref. These are:
- NANOS Illustrated Curriculum: combining two elements: NANOS’ Illustrated Curriculum and Walsh & Hoyt’s Clinical Neuro-Ophthalmology, 6th Edition. NANOS’ Illustrated Curriculum is a collection of resources used to supplement learning by residents, fellows, educators, researchers and clinicians. Walsh & Hoyt’s is the foundational text. This outline is based on the NANOS Curriculum which was developed by the NANOS Curriculum Committee, approved by the NANOS Executive Board, and published in the Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology. Academic centers should ask their library to purchase a license in order to share this resource with all faculty, fellows, residents and medical students. Click here for more information about the collection and how to obtain a license.
- NANOS Examination Techniques for Neuro-Ophthalmology, NExT: NExT is a structured electronic curriculum and database developed from collaborative efforts of the Neuro-Ophthalmology Virutal Education Library (NOVEL) Committee, the NANOS Curriculum Committee, the NOVEL Editorial Board, Eccles Health Sciences Library (University of Utah) and TDS Health. The goal of NExT is to enhance clinical examination skills of learners at all training levels who evaluate patients with visual and neurological complaints. Click here for more information about the collection and how to obtain a license.
- Individual Licenses: NANOS NExT is available to individuals and those in private practice through the TDS Store.
- Create a TDS Profile: Here is information on how to create a personal profile to help you be more efficient using your Stat!Ref and TDS products: TDS_Health_Profile_Guide.pdf
- Contact Stat!Ref (TDS): for any questions about the NANOS products: call 800-901-5494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.